Weight Loss Surgery
Weight Loss Surgery – For a new, happier, healthier lifestyle
Weight loss surgery is for people who want to take control of their weight and find it impossible to shed the pounds through diet and exercise alone. After a patient has tried all other methods of weight loss do we then recommend obesity surgery. It is often the tool they need to kick start their weight loss and to improve their health.
Gastric Band £4995
Get ready for a slimmer, healthier you in 2015
Now’s the perfect time to treat yourself. One that’ll make you feel healthier and happier in 2015 – and for years to come!
We’re offering you two aftercare packages, either a 2 year or 4 year package with your Gastric Band surgery. We also offer a choice of helpful finance plans available too, making it easy for you and your budget.
Some Facts on Weight Loss
- The Gastric Band procedure usually only requires a 1 night stay in hospital, the Gastric Bypass is normally a 2 night stay
- Most patients return to work the week after weight loss surgery
- Our specialist weight loss surgeons are happy to provide you with a non specific sick note
- It is possible to keep the procedure a secret! — some patients explain their change in dietary habits by giving other reasons
- Patients can lose 60% of their excess weight after weight loss surgery. However, it is possible to lose up to 100% of your excess weight
- Complication rates are minimised by using expert surgeons
Weight loss surgery can transform your health — studies have shown that diabetes was completely resolved in 77% of patients and resolved or improved in 86%. High blood fat levels were reduced in 70%, and high blood pressure resolved in 62%.
We see weight loss surgery as only part of the process. Our unique, comprehensive after care package includes your chosen weight loss surgical procedure, as well as an in depth pre-operative assessment and regular post-operative consultations with a registered dietitian.
If you decide to undergo weight loss surgery with SMG, our medical and dietetic team will be with you every step of the way:
- A comprehensive consultation with your Weight Loss Surgeon
- A pre-operative consultation with a Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Regular help and support from our specialist weight loss surgery dietitians
- A post-operative wound check by a nurse
- A post-operative diet plan individually designed by our dietitian
- Access to a 24 hour emergency helpline
- A minimum one year aftercare programme
- We will support and advise you throughout your journey, towards achieving your goal weight. Losing weight not only improves your health dramatically but it also gives you a boost in confidence, increased energy levels and other factors we sometimes take for granted such as fertility, raised libido and new or renewed self esteem.
SMG adheres to all National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines to ensure that weight loss surgery is the right option for you, that your chosen procedure is suitable and that it is the right time for you to go ahead with weight loss surgery.